10.21.2005

Sugar High Friday- Orange Maple Cookie Sandwiches with Decadent Chocolate Mousse

This is my first Sugar High Friday and I couldn't have been more excited about the topic -- Dark Chocolate!! There is nothing better than a good dark chocolate to start your day off right or end a beautiful evening or just to make the day that much better right in the middle.

As soon as I heard the topic, I knew I was going to make the mousse - nothing is more dark and chocolate-ly and fills all those cravings than a rich mousse. But, I wanted to present it differently than it usually is, and I love the combination of orange and chocolate, so I created this sandwich cookie.






























The cookies have a delicate orange flavor that combines perfectly with the maple syrup and are a wonderful combination with chocolate.

***to see a roundup of all entries, check out LovesCool's wrap up.

Orange Maple Cookies

1 3/4 cups flour
2 tbl raw cane sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbl orange zest
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup canola oil
3 tbl fresh orange juice

  1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with oil.
  2. Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and zest in a medium bowl. Mix well.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix the maple syrup, vanilla extract, canola oil, and orange juice.
  4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
  5. Place spoonfuls of the cookie dough on the prepared tray, 1" apart.
  6. Bake for 11 minutes. Do not overbake or the cookies will become too hard.
  7. Let sit on cookie sheet for 1 minute and then remove to a cooling rack.
Decadent Chocolate Mousse

12.3oz (1 pkg) extra firm silken tofu (I use mori-nu)
12 oz dark chocolate, melted
2 tbl maple syrup
1/2 cup chocolate soymilk
1 tbl Grand Marnier or other orange flavored liquor (optional)

  1. Puree tofu until completely smooth (3-4 minutes)
  2. Add remaining ingredients and blend.
  3. Can be served right away or refrigerated for 3-4 days.
Spread the mousse on the back on one cookie about 1/2" thick and then cover with another cookie to make a sandwich. Or pipe the mousse on the cookies for an even more decadent look.

5 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger chronicler said...

Very nice! I love combinign orange and chocolate. It's a combo I can never resist!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Nupur said...

This sounds delicious! I am so glad to have found your blog...I love making vegan meals but always have a problem with dessert, so your blog will be a useful resource.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger michelle said...

Mmmm! I want to try the cookies and the mousse and then, like you, put them all together! It's three delicious desserts! :)

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Garam Masala said...

These desserts are unbelievable! Count on me to keep coming back for more vegan sweets. Thanks!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Don't Get Mad Get Vegan! said...

wow. i'm smitten.

just found your blog and am wondering if my thighs are going to be take my stopping by regularly. :)

everything looks amazing. I especially love the orange/choc combination. thanks for sharing! can't wait to try these!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home